Ratings of auditory shape for pitch, loudness, and tempo gestures: Raw data across all triplet contexts
This dataset contains all raw gesture-shape ratings acquired during the experiment, notably, across so-called triplet contexts.
Data for pitch, loudness, and tempo gestures are in separate CSV files.
Each CSV file is formatted in "long format", that is, each row corresponds to one observation (dependent variable) for a specific stimulus condition (combination of independent variables) and one participant. The table columns contain the following information, from left to right:
- DV, dependent variable: Gesture-shape rating for either pitch, loudness or tempo
- acousFct: Acoustical/physical function or scale underlying the pitch, loudness or tempo variation, also denoted as letters A to D
- context: Triplet context of acoustical functions that was evaluated in the experimental trial, that is, ABC, ABD, ACD, BCD
- orient: Orientation of gesture, either increasing or decreasing over time
- durat: Duration, either short or long, not applicable for tempo
- level: Investigated level range, lower vs. higher for pitch, softer vs. louder for loudness, slower vs. faster for tempo
- pa: Participant identification number (arbitrary assignment)